Frontiers London: Breakout Sessions
The Frontiers agenda features breakout sessions organzied into 2 tracks:
- Connecting the Enterprise
- Explore the shifting organisation and practices of high-performing teams. Learn how Slack influences the culture and structure that connects teams and propels them to success.
- Channelling the New Way of Work
- Focus on creating the right conditions for teamwork in your workplace. Gain practical knowledge about how to make your team more productive with Slack’s collaboration hub.
Download Reasons to Attend PDF
- 2:00 PMRegistration + Sponsor Expo Open
Grab your badge and come explore the event ahead of the opening keynote
- 4:00 PMFuture of Work Keynote and Executive Welcome
Hear from Slack CEO, Stewart Butterfield and industry experts on the forces at work shaping technology and relationships and the role of innovation.
Stewart Butterfield, CEO, Slack
Lindsay McGregor, Co-founder of Vega Factor, and co-author of Primed to Perform
- 5:30 PMSponsor Reception
Connect with our sponsors while enjoying some good eats and drinks on the Expo Floor.
- 8:00 AMBreakfast + Sponsor Expo Open
Join us in the expo hall for some coffee, breakfast, and networking as we kick off day two!
- 9:00 AMProduct & Customer Innovation Keynote
Hear from Slack product executives and special guests from Slack customers leading the charge in organisational transformation today.
April Underwood, Chief Product Officer, Slack
Bob Frati, SVP Sales & Customer Success, Slack
Meri Williams, CTO, Monzo
Nigel Miller, SVP Technology & Broadcast Operations, Europe, 21st Century Fox
- 10:15 AMBreak
Recharge with a morning coffee before continuing onto the breakout sessions!
- 10:30 AMSession: Good Enough Isn't Good Enough Anymore
See why "good enough" technology isn’t cutting it with the modern workforce. Today’s innovative companies are embracing best-of-breed technology to attract and retain engaged employees and gain a competitive advantage.
Neil Shah, Senior Director, Strategy & Analytics, Slack
Mattias Hindfelt, CIO, EQT
- 10:30 AMSession: Next-Level Collaboration: What’s Coming to Slack
How does Slack streamline communication and foster deeper collaboration? Be among the first to preview our product roadmap and learn what Slack is building next to bring teams together and help your organisation work more productively.
Jaime DeLanghe, Head of Search, Learning, & Intelligence Product, Slack
Ilan Frank, Head of Enterprise Product, Slack
- 11:20 AMSession: Working Securely in Today's Changing Workplace
Business leaders have a mandate to ensure their organisations operate with the agility required to be competitive while keeping information secure. In this two-part session, you’ll hear from Slack and IT leaders about how you can adapt to today's changing workplace and set their organisations up for success — without sacrificing security or productivity.
Larkin Ryder, Director, Risk and Compliance, Slack
Richard Crowley, Operations Architect, Slack
Meri Williams, CTO, Monzo
- 11:20 AMSession: Breaking Silos and Building Bridges: Getting in Lockstep with Your Team
With Slack, teams break down silos and work more effectively across departmental lines. Hear how people from companies like yours have tackled common challenges and adopted new processes and tools to collaborate with their teammates across the aisle.
Stuart Templeton, Head of UK Sales, Slack
Sebastian Neylan, Director of Online Marketing, Lonely Planet
Diego Jiménez, Head of Mobile Design, Lonely Planet
James Smart, Director of Online Marketing, Destination Editor
- 12:00 PMLunch + Sponsor Expo Open
Grab some lunch, connect with peers, and keep the conversation going on with our sponsors on the Expo Floor.
- 1:30 PMSession: The Power of Connected Tools and Teams
As software powers more of our day-to-day work, individuals become more powerful and collaboration becomes even more important. Hear from teams who are increasing their productivity by integrating their business critical tools in Slack and learn how to apply integration best practices at your company.
Jassim Latif, Director of Platform Partnerships, Slack
Julie Haynes, Platform Product Marketing Manager, Slack
- 1:30 PMSession: Managing Slack at Scale
Exploring new ways of working requires IT administrators to venture outside the typical playbook. Hear from veteran admins on how they’ve launched new organisational tools at scale and supersonic speed, along with the critical lessons learned along the way.
Dave Macnee, Manager, Customer Success, Slack
Cristiana Umbelino, Tech Lead, Digital Workplace OutSystems
- 2:20 PMSession: Making Better Decisions Quickly
From newspapers delivering up-to-the-minute breaking news to suppliers looking to cut minutes off of shipment, leading teams connect the right people with the right information at the right time to make better decisions, faster.
Ali Rayl, VP, Customer Experience, Slack
Russell Warman, Head of Infrastructure and Operations, Auto Trader
- 2:20 PMSession: No Two Workspaces Alike: How Custom Apps Enable Businesses to Get More from Slack
Help your team collaborate better, save time, and get more from their tools with custom Slack integrations. Get inspired with real-life customer stories, and learn what Slack is building to enable businesses to get more work done in Slack – without writing code.
Karishma Kothari, Manager, Solutions Engineering, Slack
Mike Brevoort, Missions Product Lead, Slack
- 3:00 PMAfternoon Break + Sponsor Expo Open
Recharge and refuel with a quick snack on the Expo Floor.
- 3:30 PMSession: Agile, Flexible Teams Are the New Competitive Advantage
See how you, as a leader of an organisation, can harness collective knowledge and create the conditions for effective cross-functional collaboration.
Rav Dhaliwal, Head of Customer Success EMEA, Slack
Craig Butler, VP, Engineering, Spotify
Sara Wood, Global VP of Product, Farfetch
Alun Coppack, Partner, Equal Experts
- 3:30 PMSession: Building Meaningful Workspaces: The Alignment of Tools, Culture and Space
Beyond free cupcakes and proximity to the boss, what can workspace design do (or not do) for organisational success? Join us as we discuss ways to bring alignment between your tools, culture, and physical spaces, to create meaningful and productive workspaces.
Deano Roberts, Senior Director of Global Workplace and Real Estate, Slack
Pauline Tordeur, Co-founder, Hivy
- 4:20 PMClosing Keynote feat. Special Guests
Stewart Butterfield, CEO, Slack
Dr. Holly Branson, Senior Executive, Virgin Group